Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fiddling with the router

Reading: Random Acts of Senseless Violence by Jack Womack
Listening: "What am I to you?" by Norah Jones
Watching: Nothing
Working: Getting wi-fi router working, playing Diablo II compulsively.
Fetus is craving: Tater tots and Cherry Garcia.

As many of you know, I have a rather severe addiction to the game Diablo II. Just for the hell of it, I got out D2 earlier this weekend. Several hours of game-time later, I get frustrated about why my wireless router is booting me out of games. This had been a problem since I installed the Linksys router a few months ago, so I decided tonight once and for all to fix the damned thing.

Nearly four hours later, I emerged victorious, with all three computers in my house running the wireless router with security encryption. Getting the router settings right for a home network is like herding cats. Once you get one thing to work, something else shits the bed. Oh well. Now it works, and it's FAST.

Just for the heck of it, here's a pic of the lovely glowing mommy, who is (in the words of Dr. Seuss) biggering and biggering:

No comments: