Thursday, June 05, 2008

John's first sentences, the page, and other things.

I've got a video of John uttering the now-legendary phrase "Yummy, I love crackers!" from right after he did it the first time, and I've also got plenty of new pictures and video of him to share as well, but because of the time I've spent recently both trying to get back into the routine of cleaning up the house and working in every free moment on the new book, some of that is going to have to wait until I have time. I have a photo montage from my train trip to NY including visiting my family, spending time with my fearless Editor Paul, and seeing one of my long-time friends get married to a really lovely young woman who seemed to make him very happy. Also, weirdly, my laptop is starting to act slightly twitchy, so that tends to put a damper on getting some administrative-type things done during the day. As it is, I have to get up in six short hours and I'm here with a heating pack on my aching low back and typing about why I don't have time to type more.

For some reason my low back on the left side has been sharply painful in the mornings and evenings, particularly before and after I go to sleep. You would think working with Chiros I would have figured it out and solved it by now, but here I am about three weeks into it and even getting adjusted daily it still doesn't want to leave me the hell alone. Sacro-iliac joint pain is a bitch.

1 comment:

kikibibi said...

What a delightful blog! I accidentally found it after googling "iowa kkg" and you'd posted some photos of your beautiful wife touring the old house. You guys have a gorgeous baby! Please tell Beth hello from a sister. I bet we're around the same age, but I'm a couple years older.