Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh, Internet

If you only knew what I was up to.

Yes, I realize I still owe you the third part, the conclusion, of my man-cave adventure.  Yes, I realize I've not consistently posted on Thursdays.  Yes, I realize I'm waffling.  But I'm not.  I swear.  Good things are afoot.  Just things I can't really completely talk about yet because they haven't solidified sufficiently.  Exciting things.  Book things.  Writing things.  Editing things.  Other things.

For now you'll just have to put up with my vagueness and hope and trust that eventually I'll lay it on you, and it'll have been worth the wait.  I did want to take a moment and say thanks to Jason Behrends for inviting me to read at the Whistler for his Orange Alert reading series.  I read a portion of The Damnation of Memory that got a very positive reaction which I found touchingly affirming.  Thank you to everyone who came out, especially my wife Beth, who has to sometimes move the earth a little bit to extract herself from her own chaotic pile of stresses and tasks in order to spend time seeing what it is I do.  I was happy to have you there.

I promise the secrets will unfold.  Stay tuned.

No comments: